As Owner of Safehouse Firearms Instruction, I promise that anything we offer in the form of instruction will honor and abide by seven tenets of the Code of the Professional Defensive Shooting Instructors:
- We are committed to the safety of our audience, and hold that the expected benefit of any training activity must significantly outweigh any known or perceived risk of that activity.
- We believe that it is our responsibility to understand not just what what teaching, but why we’re teaching any technique or concept, or offering specific advice.
- We recognize that defensive shooting skills, along with the drills and gear used, are inherently specialized and usually distinct from those of target shooting, competition and hunting endeavors.
- We will encourage questions about any material, and will answer them with thorough and objective explanations.
- We understand that integrity and professionalism are subjective traits and we strive to maintain high levels of both. We are capable of, and willing to, articulate the reasons for the way we conduct any instruction and how we interact with those being instructed.
- We believe that it is valuable to engage our peers in constructive conversation about differences in technique and concept, with the goal of mutual education and evolution.
- We believe that the best instructor is an avid student, and we will strive to continually upgrade our own skills and knowledge. As part of this belief, we understand that our own teachings need to be subject to critique and open to evolution.